2015 is halfway over! How's everyone doing with the Back to the Classics Challenge?
I'm pleased to report that I've already finished eight of of the twelve categories, and I'm making good progress on #9! Here's what I've read so far:
- 19th Century Classic: Phineas Finn by Anthony Trollope
- Classic by a Woman Author: Aurora Floyd by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- Very Long Classic: The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
- Classic Novella: Liza of Lambeth by W. Somerset Maugham
- Classic With a Name in the Title: Lady Anna by Anthony Trollope
- Humorous or Satirical Classic: Frozen Assets by P. G. Wodehouse
- Forgotten Classic: The Towers of Trebizond by Rose Macauley
- Children's Classic: Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers
I'm so pleased with my progress. And how is everyone else doing? As a little incentive, I'm having a giveaway! Just like last year, one lucky winner will receive a beautiful Penguin Clothbound Classic of his or her choice (up to US $20).
Here are the rules for the Giveaway:
Updated: Since it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S., the deadline has been extended to July 10.
1. To enter, you must already have been signed up for the challenge (sorry, the cutoff date was back in March.) If you have not already on the list, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
2. Challenge participants must have already linked at least one review to one of the twelve categories in the 2015 Back to the Classics Challenge. If you've signed up but haven't posted any reviews, the cutoff date to post is July 10.
3. Any new links to the Challenge must follow the original parameters for the Challenge.
4. Challenge participants must leave a comment below, letting me know which book they've most enjoyed reading for the challenge. If you like, you can also tell me which Penguin Clothbound Classic you would choose if you won (you can change your mind if you're the winner). Include an link or an email address so I can let you know if you've won.
5. One lucky winner, drawn at random, will receive his or her choice of Penguin Clothbound Classic valued up to $20 (US) from either Amazon.com OR The Book Depository. The winner must live in a country where they can receive delivery from Amazon.com or The Book Depository. If you're not sure, click here to see if The Book Depository delivers to your country.
6. Comments and links must be posted no later than July 10, 2015 at 11:59 p.m., U.S. Central Standard Time. On July 11, 2015, I'll post the name of the winner.
7. The winner must contact me with a good address by July 16, 2015, at 11:59 p.m., or I'll choose another winner.
So what are you waiting for? Post some reviews, tell me which books you liked best, and let me know which Penguin Classic you'd pick if you won!