Thursday, December 24, 2015
Back to the Classics Challenge 2015: My Final Wrap-Up Post
I've completed my Back to the Classics Challenge list! Even though I'm not entering myself into the drawing, I wanted to include my list of what I read in 2015 for this challenge:
1. 19th Century Classic: Phineas Finn by Anthony Trollope. Completed 4/20/15.
2. 20th Century Classic: The End of the Affair by Graham Greene. Completed 9/17/15.
3. Classic by a Woman: Aurora Floyd by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Completed 3/13/15.
4. Classic in Translation: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Completed 7/26/15.
5. Very Long Classic: The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens. Completed 3/1/15.
6. Classic Novella: Liza of Lambeth by W. Somerset Maugham. Completed 2/20/15.
7. Classic With a Name in the Title: Lady Anna by Anthony Trollope. Completed 3/29/15.
8. Humorous or Satirical Classic: Frozen Assets by P. G. Wodehouse. Completed 1/8/15.
9. Forgotten Classic: The Towers of Trebizond by Rose Macauley. Completed 2/26/15.
10. Non-Fiction Classic: Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl. Completed 8/11/15.
11. Children's Classic: Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers. Completed 1/26/15.
12. Classic Play: An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde. Completed 12/21/15.
I think my favorites were Lady Anna, The Count of Monte Cristo, and The End of the Affair. My least favorite was probably The Pickwick Papers, which took forever to get through. It's 400 pages shorter than Monte Cristo but it took much longer to finish. Only a few of them were from my Classics Club list, but I'm definitely pleased to have read twelve more classics!
There's just over a week left until the end of this challenge -- who's finished? Which books were your favorites? And have you signed up for the 2016 challenge yet?