I got NINE new books:
- The French Chef Cookbook by Julia Child, chosen by my oldest daughter -- all by herself! I am so touched, since she knows how much I worship Julia. Maybe I'll even cook some of the recipes.
- Dusty Answer by Rosamond Lehmann, so excited about this one. A Virago! Can I wait until Virago Reading Week?
- Nella Last's War by Nella Last. I keep hearing about this in the blogosphere, and I'm so into The War at Home right now.
- Don't Tell Alfred by Nancy Mitford. Been meaning to read this since I read Love in a Cold Climate, which I adored. (Also a great miniseries.)
- Mrs. Tim of the Regiment by D. E. Stevenson. I loved Miss Buncle's Book so I'm looking forward to this one.
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook -- British recipes from Harry Potter, including recipes for haggis and blood sausage. Seriously. I'll probably skip those in favor of chocolate gateau and treacle tart.
- My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. From my dear friend Amanda at The Zen Leaf.
- They Knew Mr. Knight by Dorothy Whipple. My Persephone Secret Santa, which has probably been waiting for me at the post office all week while I was far far away. From Care at Care's Online Book Club. Thank you again, Care, I can't wait to read it. And thank you again for all the fun clues.
- Finally, another Persephone: The Winds of Heaven by Monica Dickens. From my dear husband. Sadly, it was also held up in the post but now I have TWO new Persephones. Woo hoo!
And now that I've found the proper cord to the digital camera I'll be uploading lots more photos. Technology is my friend.