It's the end of the first full week of the Anthony Trollope Bicentennial Celebration! We're just getting started, but here are some links to Trollopian happenings around the blogosphere:
- I wrote my first Trollope review of the month about Lady Anna
- Pages Turned posted a review of The Way We Live Now (one of my favorites!)
- Jane GS of Reading, Writing, Working, Playing wrote some preliminary thoughts on Framley Parsonage
- Fleur Fisher reviewed Cousin Henry
- Here's a great article from the Guardian in which writers pick their favorite Trollope novel
- The OUP Blog wrote a post questioning Trollope's reputation as a "respectable" Victorian author
- And don't forget about the first Anthony Trollope giveaway!!
I've also started reading Phineas Finn, the second in the Pallisers series. Who else is reading a Trollope novel? And are there any other blog posts I should include? Please let me know in the comments.
I am reading Dr. Thorne. I have a newly discovered love for the writings of Trollope. I like his asides in the Chronicles of Barsetshire. Very charming.ReplyDelete
I just finished Dr. Thorne as well. Posting on Friday!ReplyDelete
I'm a quarter of the way through Rachel Ray, and I have plans on reading Phineas Finn this month :)ReplyDelete
I'm reading The Eustace Diamonds and enjoying it so far, but it will be a few more days before I finish it.ReplyDelete
I have posted a review of He Knew He Was Right at http://ruthiellareads.blogspot.com/2015/04/he-knew-he-was-right.html.ReplyDelete
Am currently reading The Three Clerks and hope to have finished it before the "big day"!
Here's another post I did on Framley Parsonage - this time with a comparison to Austen's P&P: http://janegs.blogspot.com/2015/04/classics-salon-character-you-relate-to.htmlReplyDelete
Here is the link to my Doctor Thorne review: http://www.emeraldcitybookreview.com/2015/04/for-love-and-money-doctor-thorne.htmlReplyDelete
I actually read Dr. Wortle's School weeks ago but haven't been posting lately. Here it is: http://howlingfrog.blogspot.com/2015/04/dr-wortles-school.htmlReplyDelete
Now I'm well into Can You Forgive Her?
Here's my Can You Forgive Her? link: http://howlingfrog.blogspot.com/2015/04/can-you-forgive-her.htmlReplyDelete